Exhibitors' and Buyers' Comments
|Exhibitors' Comments||Buyers' Comments|
- We offer high quality, reliable electronics manufacturing services (EMS) to OEMs in Europe and Japan. We have joined electronicAsia for more than 10 years because this fair is the right platform for us to connect with quality buyers from every corner of the world, thanks to the hard work of the organisers. While looking for electronic components here, buyers are also interested in our OEM solutions, offering us lots of business opportunities. This fair is professionally organised as compared to similar trade fairs in the world. Apart from meeting customers, we can know more about market trends through informative seminars held during the fair period.
Lawrence Chan, General Manager – Marketing & Corporate Development, Surface Mount Technology Ltd, Hong Kong
- We are a leading manufacturer of printed circuit boards (PCBs) and electronic components. We have participated in this fair since 2007. The fair is growing bigger and bigger every year, so is our booth. electronicAsia is a must-attend event in Asia especially for PCB manufacturers like us because we are able to meet an increasing number of new visitors every year and then many of them become our customers. The visitors’ profile of this fair is more international than any other similar fair in the world. We’ve met buyers not just from Asia but also from Europe and South America. We are very satisfied with this fair.
Thomas Chea, Group Marketing Director, ICAPE Holding, France
- This is the first time that the Kawasaki Incubation Centre leads a delegation of four Japanese companies including our company to exhibit at this fair. In the past, we did not market our components outside Japan. The main goal of joining this fair is to expand into international markets such as Europe, Hong Kong, the Chinese mainland and the US. Hong Kong is a trading hub of electronic components, so electronicAsia offers us a good chance to promote our semi-conductors, actuators and agricultural equipment to worldwide buyers. With the assistance from the organisers, we’ve already established contacts with distributors and trading firms in Hong Kong who are keen to cooperate with us.
Chee Sze Keat, President, Mechano Transformer Corporation, Japan
- We manufacture a wide range of battery holders for different electronic products and medical equipment with Asia being our biggest market followed by Europe and the US. We started to take part in electronicAsia last year because this fair enjoys high reputation in the industry. Most of the visitors here are quality buyers who are decision-makers, high-level representatives and sourcing managers from electronics companies. And we’ve got more buyers from this fair than other fairs we’ve attended.
Tom Blaha, President, Memory Protection Devices, Inc, the US
- LPKF manufactures machines and laser systems for producing and structuring PCB prototypes. We have participated in electronicAsia since 2005. Our objectives are to look for new trends in the electronics industry, present our PCB prototyping solutions, make new contacts and maintain our exposure in the Asian market. We’re attracting a lot of interest for our new laser systems designed for in-house PCB prototyping and mechanical milling and drilling machines. We’ve met many potential customers, with 50% from the Chinese mainland and the remainder from Australia, Europe and the US. Though we are participating in international electronic components fairs in Europe and other countries, we find that electronicAsia is very special as visitors come from all over the world. For some mainland Chinese fairs, there are visitors only from Asia. That’s why we appreciate electronicAsia so much.
Britta Schulz, Vice President of Business Unit, Rapid PCB Prototyping, LPKF Laser & Electronics AG, Germany
- We are an agent and distributor of active and passive electronic components. We have been exhibiting at electronicAsia since its inception. We are promoting LCD displays, flash memory cards and electronic equipment this year. We’ve drawn a lot of interest from European buyers as Europe is our major market for quality electronic components. We are happy that an increasing number of Asian buyers have shown interest in our electronic components probably because we accept a smaller minimum order requirement of 500 pieces. We are very satisfied with the results.
Measure K F Hung, Chairman, Mobicon Holdings Ltd, Hong Kong
- We have exhibited at this fair for more than 10 years. This year, we are promoting our new products such as power film caps, multi-layered polymers and super capacitor modules through this platform. This fair also provides a good place for us to meet with old customers and establish new business contacts. Through meetings with buyers at this fair, we are able to understand more about customers’ needs. We expect to meet with more customers on the last two days of this fair. We’ll continue to support this fair next year.
Stanley Wong, Executive Director, Man Yue Electronics Company Limited, Hong Kong
- Our company is a producer and exporter of integrated circuits (ICs) with Asia, North America and Europe being our major markets. We’ve participated in this fair for several years. This year, we’re showcasing ICs, encode ICs, LED applications and light sensors. Buyers are more interested in our LED drivers and encode ICs. So far, we’ve had serious discussions with potential customers from Asia and Europe, so we’ll send samples to them so that they can check whether they can use our components. We like electronicAsia because there are so many international buyers.
Joachim Scheerer, Managing Director, PREMA Semiconductor GmbH, Germany
- We develop key component production and engineering for OEMs in the home appliances industry and we sell mainly to Europe, the US and Asia. We have been exhibiting at this fair for three consecutive years because of two good reasons. First, this fair is held in Hong Kong which is a convenient location for international buyers. Second, electronicAsia is a well-structured fair which creates synergy with the Hong Kong Electronics Fair. This year, we are displaying key components for coffee machines such as vibration pumps and heaters. We’ve received good responses from many buyers especially those from Eastern Europe, the Chinese mainland and other Asian countries which are our target markets.
Marcelo Estrada, Managing Director, Appliance Engineering Technology, Spain
- We have exhibited at this fair since 2007. Apart from promoting our licensing and intellectual property rights businesses relating to the electronics industry, we focus on demonstrating our 3D TV broadcasting technology at this fair. Our demonstration has attracted a lot of attention. We’ve met many potential buyers mostly from Asian countries, especially the Chinese mainland. The fair is not just an ideal platform for us to display our technological innovations but also a good opportunity for us to connect with customers directly, establish new contacts and explore business opportunities.
Marcello Dini, General Manager, S.I.SV.EL. (Hong Kong) Ltd, Hong Kong
- Our company manufactures security products and sells locally in South Africa. We’ve been attending this fair for many years. This year, we’re particularly looking for new components that can make our production easier and also new suppliers. We’ve already identified suitable components such as connectors and terminal blocks and we’re going to place orders after the fair. Apart from sourcing new components, we’ve also talked to suppliers to know more about what they can offer to improve our production process.
Sean Hurly, Director, IO Tech Manufacturing (Pty) Ltd, South Africa
- We are a wholesaler and retailer of various electronic components such as cables, LEDs, batteries and battery chargers. This is our fourth time visit to this show. We’re looking for LEDs, semiconductors, diodes, metal cases and anything else that is interesting. We like to visit this fair because it’s easy to come to Hong Kong without need to apply for visas. More importantly, this fair is a one-stop sourcing platform for us to find what we want. The suppliers that we’re now working with came from this fair. This year, we’ve also found some right suppliers and we’ll place orders after the fair.
Iain Lewis, Director, Component-Shop.co.uk Ltd, the UK
- We are a Swedish company that develops home energy management products and sell in the domestic market. Our products are manufactured by a contractor on the Chinese mainland. It is my first visit to this show. I come here to source LCD modules, RF antennas, power supply and DC adaptors and find new suppliers from the Chinese mainland. My bag is full of catalogues and I’ve got some new contacts which look very promising. This is a good show where I can find a complete range of components easily.
Hakan Ludvigson, Business Developer/Purchaser, EXIBEA AB, Sweden
- We are a retailer and wholesaler of electronic components and accessories for mobile phones with four stores in Russia. It is my first time at electronicAsia. I am looking for new suppliers of electronic components for mobile phones and electronics repair as well as electronic devices. I’ve found a lot of interesting information at this fair and will consider placing orders later. electronicAsia is a specialised trade fair where I can find a wide range of components all under one roof. I am very satisfied with this trip.
Maxim Kazak, Director, Simpatia, Russia
- Our company is an importer, distributor and wholesaler of electronic components and LED lighting products. We supply to electronic companies mainly in Poland and also export to other European countries and the US. It is our first-time visit to this fair. We are looking for cables, batteries, transistors, diodes, switches, terminal blocks and semi-conductors. We’ve found suitable suppliers and plan to place orders later. Though we have been to many European fairs, we prefer electronicAsia because the exhibits are categorised into different zones, making it easier for buyers to locate suppliers. We plan to buy more components from the Chinese mainland and this is the right place.
Agnieszka Stawiarska, Purchasing Manager, Micros Sp.j. W.Kedra i J.Lic, Poland
- Our company provides application solutions in RFID, advanced display devices and mobile information technologies. We have visited this fair for several years. This year, we are sourcing display products, smartphone accessories and RFID components. We have talked to a number of exhibitors and have already found some good suppliers from Japan and the Chinese mainland. We’re going to check the specifications and collect samples for evaluation before we confirm our orders. This is a well-organised fair where buyers can find what they want easily and quickly.
Liew Choon Lian, Group Chairman, MDT Innovations Sdn Bhd, Malaysia
Based in India, we distribute industrial electronic components to about 100 local manufacturers. Each year, we buy US$2 million worth of electronic components from agents who have offices in India. We have come to this fair because we want to source components directly from suppliers to get better prices so that we can improve our business turnover. We are sourcing capacitors, relays, LED, displays, ICs and regulators. Thanks to the efforts of the organisers, we’ve seen so many quality suppliers at this fair. So far, we’ve identified two exhibitors from the Chinese mainland who supply solar products, capacitors and LED displays. We’ll follow up with them to collect more information after the fair. We are satisfied with this trip.
M. Ravikanth, Partner, S.V. Electronics, India
- Our company is a distributor of electronic components and an electronic design manufacturing service provider for the Japanese market. This is my first time here to look for new suppliers of components such as ICs, connectors, PCBs and capacitors as well as manufacturing equipment. So far, I’ve found a potential supplier that provides automation machines for the production of components. electronicAsia is an energetic and international fair where you can find a lot of quality exhibitors from all over the world. In addition to finding new suppliers, this fair provides an ideal platform for me to meet with my existing customers and suppliers. I’ll come back again next year.
Osamu Saito, General Manager, Component Business Unit, Sales Promotion Division, Sales Promotion Department No. 4, Kaga Electronics Co., Ltd., Japan
- We provide audio equipment to high-rise buildings and large companies on the Chinese mainland, but now we also want to introduce video systems to our clients. Our purchasing amount is more than RMB8 million per year. It is our first time visiting this fair. Currently, we buy from mainland manufacturers. We come here to find new suppliers that we can recommend to our clients. It is an eye-opening show bringing together so many exhibitors. We’ve found several potential suppliers, so we need to make sure that their components have met our requirements before placing orders. We’ll follow up and compare them with our existing suppliers. In addition, we’ve collected lots of new information and will discuss with our general manager to explore business opportunities.
Wang Yan, Deputy General Manager, Shaanxi Yinding Hightechnology Co Ltd, China
- Our company is among the top five gifts and premiums distributors in Thailand. This is our first time attending this fair. We want to make use of new electronic technology to modify our existing products. At this fair, we are particularly looking for RFID technology that can be applied to luggage. We’ve had constructive discussions with some of the exhibitors and got more knowledge in this field. It is a good show as compared to mainland shows – we are very impressed with the quality of exhibitors and the range of exhibits. It also gives me a good chance to understand the latest technology in this sector.
Jirabool Vittayasing, Managing Director, Dash International (Thailand) Co., Ltd., Thailand