- Ensure that the email is genuinely from HKTDC
- Always identify the sender of the email from its domain.
- Check the HKTDC disclaimer
- All emails sent from HKTDC will carry the Council's disclaimer at the bottom of the email.
- Reconfirm bank account number and beneficiary name (Hong Kong Trade Development Council) when making payments.
- Always use trusted Wi-Fi network
- There is always security risk when using untrusted public Wi-Fi network to access emails. It is possible that hackers can capture your emails or send fraudulent emails to you on untrusted Wi-fi network.
The above is for reference only. In case of doubt, please contact HKTDC hotline at (852) 1830 668 and quote the fair name concerned.
The Hong Kong Trade Development Council (HKTDC) has learnt that exhibitors have been receiving invitations from Fair Guide (owned by Construct Data) for listings in its guide at the exhibitors' expense. It has also come to HKTDC’s attention that other companies under the name Expo Guide (owned by Commercial Online Manuals S de RL de CV (“Commercial Online Manuals”)), Event Fair, AVRON and International Fairs Directory have sent similar invitations to exhibitors inviting them to update or correct their data with its fair directory for free listing. The HKTDC would like to stress that the Fair Guide, the Expo Guide, the Event Fair, the AVRON and the International Fairs Directory has NO CONNECTION with the HKTDC or any of our fairs.
UFI, an international organisation which represents the interests of the exhibition industry worldwide has been warning the exhibition industry to be vigilant against Fair Guide, Expo Guide, Construct Data, Commercial Online Manuals and other similar guides and organisations such as Event Fair, AVRON and International Fairs Directory. UFI has also reported that debt collection agencies work in partnership with these guides to intimidate exhibitors for payment. The practice of Construct Data has been considered as unconscionable and misleading by the Austrian Protective Association. Recent information suggests that Construct Data & Event Fair have shifted its operation from Austria to Mexico and/or Slovakia. It should be noted that the contents and wording of Fair Guide’s and Expo Guide’s letter and order form are virtually identical. It is possible that Construct Data, Commercial Online Manuals, Event Fair, AVRON and International Fairs Directory are related companies or are in some way connected. You should therefore exercise due diligence and care when being approached for such invitations so as to avoid possible unwarranted and/or unnecessary financial commitments.
It should be noted that the contents and wording of Fair Guide's and Expo Guide's letter and order form are virtually identical. It is possible that Construct Data, Commercial Online Manuals and Event Fair are related companies or are in some way connected. You should therefore exercise due diligence and care when being approached for such invitations so as to avoid possible unwarranted and/or unnecessary financial commitments. In order to protect your own interests, you are urged to read the contracts (including the small print) and attachments carefully, as well as seeking legal advice, before signing any such documents.
For more information about UFI’s action against Fair Guide, Expo Guide, Construct Data, AVRON and International Fairs Directory, please visit http://www.ufi.org/industry-resources/warning-construct-data/
To make DesignInspire a greener event, the following green tips are suggested for your participation at the event.
Booth construction and set up
- To avoid excessive decorations
- To use natural decorative materials
- To use energy saving light bulbs or LED lights
- To use fewer electrical appliances or instruments
- To avoid energy-intensive appliances
- To avoid transport and bring in excessive display materials
- To maximize the usage of reusable panels, cabinets, signage boards and recyclable carpet
- To use re-erectable booth to reduce waste generated
- To adopt environmental friendly construction materials e.g. low VOC paints,
- FSC-certified wooden products and other wooden products with E0 or E1 formaldehyde standards
- To adopt re-usable exhibits
- To arrive the fairground by public transports provided by the Organiser
- To use e-brochures or e-catalogues and minimizes the distribution of printed matters
(e.g. catalogues, brochures)
- To avoid providing plastic bags or environmental friendly bags and reduce packaging, if used, make a charity donation
- To reduce souvenirs or choose souvenirs with a practical use
- To switch off all appliances or instruments consuming energy when not in use
- To place recycling bins in booths and practice waste separation
- To take back materials for next use
- To record leftover materials and avoid them next year
- To separate recyclable wastes and dispose of recyclable wastes at recycle bins
- To minimize posting printed matters to interested visitors