During the 3-day event, it is hoped that visitors would respond and contribute to the Fair’s appeal for environmental protection to make the DesignInspire a green spotlight.
Go Paperless and Download Event Info before You VisitEvent materials like guide map, coupons and leaflet are made available on fair websites for you to download.
Bring Your Own BottleDrinking machines are available inside the Fair venue. Please be environmental friendly and bring your own bottle.
Green TravelVisit the Expo together using public transport. This would help reduce the production of exhaust gas, thereby reduce air pollution.
Waste RecycleCategorised waste recycle bins are placed inside the Fair venue. Please treasure our resources and support waste recycle.
Sharing the Love for ForestsDuring and after the Expo you must be eager to share many photos with your friends but please try to do so through your blogs or e-mails in order to reduce paper consumption thus contributing to the protection of our forests.
To make DesignInspire a greener vent, exhibitors are encouraged to follow the green tips for booth construction, set up, operation and post-event management.
Booth construction and set up
- To avoid excessive decorations
- To use natural decorative materials e.g. green plants
- To use energy saving light bulbs or LED lights
- To use fewer electrical appliances or instruments
- To avoid energy-intensive appliances
- To avoid transport and bring in excessive display materials
- To maximize the usage of reusable panels, cabinets, signage boards and recyclable carpet
- To adopt environmental friendly construction materials e.g. low VOC paints, FSC-certified wooden products and other wooden products with E0 or E1 formaldehyde standards
- To adopt re-usable exhibits
- To arrive the fairground by public transports or shuttle bus provided by the Organisers
- To use e-brochure or e-catalogues and minimizes the distribution of printed matters (e.g. catalogues, brochures)
- To avoid providing plastic bags or environmental friendly bags and reduce packaging, if used, make a charity donation
- To reduce souvenirs or choose souvenirs with a practical use
- To switch off all appliances or instruments consuming energy when not in use
- To place recycling bins in booths and practice waste separation
- To take back materials for next use
- To record leftover materials and avoid them next year
- To separate recyclable wastes and dispose of recyclable waste at recycle bins
- To minimize posting printed matters to interested buyers