(1) A duly completed trademark search / registration order form (to be provided by Kaizen).
- Japan Trademark Registration
- The legal basis of Japan trademark is Trademark Act of 1959, Japan is a member of the Paris Convention and the Madrid Protocol.
- Principle of Protection: Japan adopts first-to-file basis for trademark protection.
- Validity Period and Renewal: a trademark registration is valid for 10 years from the date of registration and could be renewed for 10 years before the expiry date.
- Required Information and Documents:
(2) A soft copy of the trademark in JPEG format.
(3) A copy of identity proof of the applicant (passport for individuals and Business Registration Certificate/Certificate of Incorporation for companies).
(4) A priority document when priority is claimed (extra charge will be charged for filing priority claim documents).
- Duration of the Official Receipt: it usually takes about 1 week to receive the official filing receipt.
- Duration of Application: currently it takes about 6 - 10 months to get a trademark registered in Japan in a smooth case.
|Certifications, Standards & Safety Approvals, Awards:
BR - Kaizen IP Agent Ltd.
Certificate of Incorporation - Kaizen Trademark Agent Ltd.